What We Need to Begin Your Return
  • At least one year prior tax return.  Your previous year's tax return will help Barbara determine exactly what documents are needed for the current year.
  • Current year's W-2s, 1099s, etc. information on stock sales and trades, real estate taxes, mortgage interest statements, closing papers from the purchase and sale of vehicles and homes
  • Receipts from contributions, including non cash donations' fair market value.
  • The Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number of child care providers, as well as their address and amounts paid for each child.
  • If you have an office in your home, we'll the need square footage of office/storage space and total square footage of your home.  We will need total utilities, insurance, yard work, home security and repairs.
  • If you own a business or have rental properties, we will need income and expense information. (If you keep accurate business records using Quickbooks, we can access most of the information we need from a copy of this file.) 
  • If you use your personal vehicle for your business, we will need to know total and business miles for each car/truck driven during the year and a description of each vehicle, its original cost, the date it was purchased and interest paid on the vehicle loan.  If you have the information, include the actual expenses of vehicle operation (gas, repairs, insurance, etc).
  • If you use your equipment, such as a computer, cell phone, etc. for both business and personal use, we need the percentage of time the equipment is used for business.